Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
pdberger pdberger is offline

Default excel 2003 value change

Narp --

Do you mean actually going through a list of cells and changing the text
that's in them, or some kind of conditional formula where, depending on the
value of a cell, you either subtract numbers or add them?

"narp" wrote:

This is awasome!!! We have been trying to make this an automatic process for
a long time. This will save me and my co-worker a lot of time every month.

Do you have any tricks for changing a cell that reads CM-IN1234 to be
IN1234-CM? This is the other process I'm trying to automate.
--
narp

"pdberger" wrote:

Use the =IF function. Something like:

A B
1 CM
2 $100
3 =IF(OR(A1="CM",A1="RT"),-A2,A2)

hth

"narp" wrote:

I am looking for a function or formula that will allow me to do an IF Then
statement. For example, I want to say if cell B1 contains CM or RT then
make cell D1 negative value.

narp