Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bill Sharpe Bill Sharpe is offline

Default Why does "cannot shift objects off sheet" prevent row insertio

Kelly Girl wrote:
Hello, I too would like an answer to this one or at least a way to get around
it. Can you fool the program into letting you add columns? Any help here
would be appreciated. I upgraded from an older version and none of the noted
solutions are working. Thanks. Kelly

"eperry" wrote:

Has anyone been able to solve this for you?
I ask only because I have the same problem in Excel 2007 and none of the
solutions here solves the problem.
This happens on all the sheets in my workbook and I know I do not have any
hidden data.

"Idaho old guy" wrote:

I am unable to insert rows in an existing spreadheet and a new one I just
initiated in a book with multiple sheets. What did I do to cause this and
how do I make it go away?

Excel apparently thinks you have data in the last row of your
spreadsheet. To check this, type Ctrl-End, which should take you to the
last entry of your workbook.
One approach is to delete all the rows after where you have placed data.
A second approach is to highlight all your data, then copy and paste to
another sheet or another workbook.
Sorry if these solutions have already been mentioned in other replies.
My Thunderbird newsreader only shows this one response and not the full
thread.

Bill