Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ryguy7272 ryguy7272 is offline

Default sum a range meeting conditions of row & column

Either of these solutions should work for you:
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctio...tml#SumProduct

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm

Regards,
Ryan---

--
RyGuy

"jwang036" wrote:

I have a table where 1st column has the store names and the 1st row has items
(for some reason they are not unique). For example:

Sales RetailExpense StockLoss RetailExpense GrossMargin
Dahua 120 -5 -20 -12 20

Hebin 100 -15 -10 -12 16
HuZhou 130 -19 -10 -20 16
Wuxi 100 -29 -15 -17 18
Jinhua 160 -19 -10 -20 16

Then I have to create summaries by stores. I need a formula in each by-store
sheet to sum the numbers that meet both the row and the column conditions.
eg. a particular store (it's changing sheet by sheet but always has the name
in cell J1)'s total retail expenses.

I hope this is clear. Thanks.