Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Elessvie Elessvie is offline

Default Simple Find and Replace Question

Thanks for response! But all that's available in the pull-down for Look In
is Formulas. How do I get it to show Values?

Apologies for all these dumb questions!

-Lynne

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Specify look in values
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200779

"Elessvie" wrote:

Hello, folks!

I'm trying to find and replace a word with another in a column containing
text. I'm using Ctrl-H, Find = reciept (for example), Replace with =
receipt. This locates a cell containing the word, but when I press Replace,
Excel displays the error message "Formula is too long."

I've tried formatting the column as General and as Text and get the error
message with both. I've searched Excel Help and this discussion group, but
haven't been able to find this specific issue addressed, so I'm thinking it's
probably something really obvious!

Thank you for any help.

-Lynne