Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ExcelMonkey ExcelMonkey is offline

Default ATPBAEN.XLA Link created when using XIRR

I am having a bizarre problem in Excel 2003. When create a spreadsheet on my
desktop, I can use the XIRR function. However, when I open a spreadsheet
created on another desktop which has an XIRR, something weird happens. When
I open the file everything is fine. However, when I click onto the cell with
the XIRR function, click into the formula bar and then escape out of the
formula, I get the #NAME? Error. And when check Edit/Links it appears as
though I have a new link to the ATPBAEN.XLA.

Now I know that the XIRR is a part of the ATPBAEN.XLA. It seems as though I
lose access to the function once I click into th formula box.

Why is this?

EM