Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Krissy Krissy is offline

Default Conditional formatting and validation

Thanks Kr

I tried, and it returned TRUE - but when I'm changing any number in the row
it doesn't turn FALSE...

Any more ideas?

" wrote:

Krissy

Highlight the rows that contain your data and try a conditional
formatting with formula is:

=NOT(AND($A2=$B2+$C2,$A2=$D2+$E2+$F2))

and set your formatting to highlight any discrepancies.

If you are really interested in "quick" you may want to put in a
formula to two and decrease your manual data input by 33%.

Good luck.

Ken
Norfolk, Va

On Apr 16, 10:03 am, Krissy wrote:
Hi all
Quick help:
I have a worksheet were we enter a total number first , and then numbers
for different arguments.
For exmpl:
A B C D E F
Total Male Female Age40 Age41 Age42
12 7 5 6 4 2

etc.

As they are all entered manually, I'd like to have some sort of conditional
formatting in place if for A if A not=B+C or A not=D:F so the user can see if
the entered figures don't add up.

Any quick idea?