Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Adam Adam is offline

Default Matching columns and removing duplicates

The first one was closer to be honest! It just needed to be tweaked to
include when a date reoccured for a different course.

The original put all the codes under one date - so for example when I had
three courses on the 10/Apr/08, the list only showed up that I had the first
one of them courses and the date - instead of the date 3 times and the
different courses next to it.

Don't worry if it can't be done - it's quite fussy what i'm looking for.

Cheers again

"GoBow777" wrote:

Adam;652212 Wrote:
I've just read what I had written and it didn't make sense - very
sorry!

It might be easier if i just explain my scenerio.

The code represents a course that I run.
The date represents the date that it ran.
The spreadsheet is a complete list of all the people I have
attending/attended these courses.
There is usually 60+ people attending each course.
More than one course can occur on one day.

What I would like is (if it is possible) to have a list on a seperate
sheet
of the most recent dates with the course name next to it. This would
mean
there maybe duplicates of dates when there is more that one course on
that
day. Then next to them dates and course names I would be able to SUM
results of that day in other boxes using the rest of the data on the
original
spreadsheet.

Your first coding was great - but it did not reflect when more than one

course occured on one date.

Many thanks for your time on this - very much appreciated!

Adam, How about this.

|Filename: Adam2.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=111|

GoBow777