Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default The meaning of "+".

I used to do it all the time, Dave, when I first started with Excel
(having come from Quattro Pro), and I still do it occasionally now.
<ebg

It would be quite easy for the Excel expression parser to replace =+
with just = when you have pressed the <Enter key.

Pete

On Apr 15, 4:52*pm, Dave Peterson wrote:
I don't know why it does, but it does.

But I forgive excel for trying to keep the user's formula as-is. *

I don't forgive the user for starting with a + <vbg.

Pete_UK wrote:

Excel is inconsistent on this. Put XYZ in A1, then =LEN(A1) in B1.
Then put @LEN(A1) in B2, and +LEN(A1) in B3 - why does it leave the +
sign in the formula in B3?

Pete