Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
pjr pjr is offline

Default How can I count how many times different texts repeat in a col

This did exactly what I'm looking to do, but I need it to be done in a cell,
as a function, on a separate worksheet.

"Per Jessen" wrote:

Hi

Select the column "Data" "Filter" "Advanced Filter" Check "Unique
records only" OK

In the bottom of the screen you will see the number of Unique records.

To show all records again Data Filter Show All

Regards,
Per

"pjr" skrev i meddelelsen
Hey,

I have a column filled with text. there are about 100 cells in this
column.
Those cells each have the name of a single corporation within them. many
of
those corporation names are repeated throughout the column, but not all of
them.

How can I count the total # of corporation names present in that column?
i.e. if Vestcor repeats 20 times, it is only counted once; if Landmark
repeats zero times it also is counted once... etc.