Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
pjr pjr is offline

Default How can I count how many times different texts repeat in a col

When I copied this over to the cell, I was told t hat there were not enough
arguments in the function

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100<"")/COUNTIF(A1:A100,A1:A100&""))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"pjr" wrote in message
Hey,

I have a column filled with text. there are about 100 cells in this
column.
Those cells each have the name of a single corporation within them. many
of
those corporation names are repeated throughout the column, but not all of
them.

How can I count the total # of corporation names present in that column?
i.e. if Vestcor repeats 20 times, it is only counted once; if Landmark
repeats zero times it also is counted once... etc.