Kassie

My pleasure. Thanks for the feedback

"Shawna" wrote:

Thank you. This was the problem. I had 'track changes' on which made it a
shared file. I had to turn track changes off to do conditional formatting
and to also merge cells. I had not realized it would lock out certain
things. Thanks for your help.

"Kassie" wrote:

Or else the file is shared, in which case you also cannot use conditional
formatting. If true, you will have to remove the sharing, before using it.

"Randy" wrote:

It sounds like the sheet is protected. Unprotecting the
sheet should enable the Conditional Formatting.