Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] skablaw@gmail.com is offline

Default Highest total of any three consecutive numbers in a range.

No no, I certainly didn't mean to cast doubt on you. The formula is
working splendidly for me and I can't thank you enough. I always
think it's good to have a bit of peer scrutiny just in case there is a
little quirk that can be easily hashed out on the front end, but that
doesn't preclude a vote of confidence! I can't thank you enough for
your help. You have honestly saved me countless hours of work.

I'm employed by a Fortune 20 company and our entire consulting branch
is currently doing the process I described by SIGHT. They have FTEs
that sit in front of spreadsheets and literally look at thousands of
daily consumption reports and try to calculate the highest consecutive
totals of varying numbers of days by adding groups of three or more
over and over and over until they find the peak. It boggles my mind
that no one in the company ever stopped to say "hey, isn't there a way
to automate this?" Your little gem is promotion material for how much
time it will save this division! Now I just need to run a Kaizen
event around it and pretend to come up with this idea during the
week.. that'll really make the brass smile.

-Stephen