Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
M12s M12s is offline

Default Opening Excel issues

When I double click on an Excel file, it will open excel but not the file. i
have to go to file open and reopen the file every time. I know about the fix
by unchecking the ignore other files button, and that does work, however if I
do that then all my excel files open in one page, and I have to minimize
excel to find my other files. I want them to open in a new excel every time I
open another file. How can I do this? it's seem like I can have one or the
other, but not both. It used to work just fine until about a month ago . . .