Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default My data points disappear

Are the X values just in years? Make your life easier and make an XY chart.
You can connect the markers with lines.

If the first year is 1990, does the first date look like 6/12/1905? That's
the 1900th day in Excel's calendar. To make the time axis work with a line
chart, enter your dates as complete dates, like 1/1/1990.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Albebach" wrote in message
I want the years to range from 1990 to 2007. And my "y" values have a
range
of $0 to $650,000.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

I suspect it's a mismatch of X values, not Y values. What are the X and Y
values in your chart series, and what range are you trying to plot on
your
time scale axis?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Albebach" wrote in message
I'm trying to create a regulart line graph from a set of data.
Everytime
try to change the x-axis to timescale it automatically changes my
y-axis
data
range and my data points disappear. So then I go and change the y-axis
data
range back to what is was but my data points and line graph won't show.
Please help.