Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Christopher Scott [MSFT] Christopher Scott [MSFT] is offline

Default Rounded Corners in Excel 2007 Not Working?!?!

Hmm. I didn't realize the rounded corner checkbox was still in there.

I wonder if you are formatting the wrong thing. The article you refer to
says you should be looking for "Line" category in the dialog, not "Border
style". Make sure you have the entire Chart Area selected, not the plot area
or something else. The dialog should be titled "Format Chart Area". I'll
have to check on my own machine tomorrow.

--
Thanks,
Christopher

"Kulprit" wrote:

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for your help. I find it very difficult to belive that
Rounded Corners are not exposed through the UI in excel 2007. Why would
they make such a great function unaccessible, let alone by VB code.

Please check this link:
http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/excel2...l2007s3p7.html

They seem to be able to make it work through the UI. Why can't I?!?!?!

Hopelessly desperate,
Bora

'Christopher Scott [MSFT Wrote:
;2720693']Rounded corners are not exposed through the user interface in
Excel 2007. You
can still get rounded corners on a chart through the Visual Basic
object
model.

The code to use follows a format similar to one of two below:

Sheets("Sheet1").DrawingObjects("Chart 1").RoundedCorners = True
Sheets("Sheet1").ChartObjects(1).RoundedCorners = True

--
Thanks,
Christopher

rights.

"Kulprit" wrote:
-

Hi,

I can't get rounded corners to work in Excel 2007:

I make a chart
I right click on Char Area
I Select Format Chart Area
A Dialogue Box Pops Up with the following Selections:
- Fill
- Border Color
- Border Styles
- Shadow
- 3-D Format

I select fill and fill the chart area with a color .. say blue

I right click on chart area again and this time select Border Styles
and the following options are available:
- Width
- Compound Type
- Cap Type (drop down menu)
- Join Type (drop down menu)
- Arrow Settings

I click Cap Type and a drop down menu appears with the following
- Square
- Round
- Flat

I select Round

I click Join Type and a drop down menu appears with the following
- Round
- Bevel
- Miter

I select Round

Nothing happens to my chart! The chart corners are as sharp as ever.
Anyone know WTF is going on???

--
Kulprit
-