Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default How do I change the loan period in a amortization from years t

Remove the data validation from that cell.

Select the cell and DataValidationClear all.

Gord

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 08:15:00 -0700, Paigem21
wrote:

No I tried to do that but it said, "Please enter a whole number of years from
1 to 40"
Is there any thing else I could do to change it to recognize months?

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

65 months is 5.4166 years.

Can't you use that number?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 17:13:00 -0700, Paigem21
wrote:

I did that. I need to put in 65 months for the Loan_Years but it says years
only. I need it to calculate months instead of years. Can you help me?

"Paigem21" wrote:

I would like to change the loan period in an amortization schedule from year
to months. Any sugestions on how to do this in a template that was
downloaded?