sac73

We are on the right track with the offset suggestion, now here is a bit
more....

Let me know if I am asking for too much from the program:

The items that I want are in multiple rows AND multipule columns. Can we
set it to count backwards along a row, then move up and continue counting,
ignoring cells with no entries, until it has checked 28?

eg. There are 50 items in A1:E15, meaning there are 15 random cells with no
entries.

"Myrna Larson" wrote:

By last, are you referring to their location on the worksheet, i.e. if the
data is in A1:A40, you want to see the lowest in the range A13:A40?

If that's it, then if you want to see the minimum in A41, in that cell

=MIN(OFFSET(A40,-27,0,28,1))

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 06:11:03 -0800, "sac73"
wrote:

Active is defined as a numeric entry... Let me also better define:
40 cells - 35 active (numbers in them) - I want to count the last 28, and
then get the lowest number (Min)

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

What defines active?:

--

HTH

RP

"Sac73" wrote in message
Is there a way to count back a certain number of active cells only (eg.

40
possible cells, only 28 are active), and then enter the lowest number
within
that range into a cell?