Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Christopher Scott [MSFT] Christopher Scott [MSFT] is offline

Default Rounded Corners in Excel 2007 Not Working?!?!

Rounded corners are not exposed through the user interface in Excel 2007. You
can still get rounded corners on a chart through the Visual Basic object
model.

The code to use follows a format similar to one of two below:

Sheets("Sheet1").DrawingObjects("Chart 1").RoundedCorners = True
Sheets("Sheet1").ChartObjects(1).RoundedCorners = True

--
Thanks,
Christopher

"Kulprit" wrote:

Hi,

I can't get rounded corners to work in Excel 2007:

I make a chart
I right click on Char Area
I Select Format Chart Area
A Dialogue Box Pops Up with the following Selections:
- Fill
- Border Color
- Border Styles
- Shadow
- 3-D Format

I select fill and fill the chart area with a color .. say blue

I right click on chart area again and this time select Border Styles
and the following options are available:
- Width
- Compound Type
- Cap Type (drop down menu)
- Join Type (drop down menu)
- Arrow Settings

I click Cap Type and a drop down menu appears with the following
- Square
- Round
- Flat

I select Round

I click Join Type and a drop down menu appears with the following
- Round
- Bevel
- Miter

I select Round

Nothing happens to my chart! The chart corners are as sharp as ever.
Anyone know WTF is going on???

--
Kulprit