Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Excel Viewjust like the

With a backup copy of your workbook open, right-click on the Excel Icon and
"View Code".

Copy/paste this code into that module.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$A$1:$I$58"
Application.DisplayFullScreen = True
With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
.CenterHeader = "Date"
.LeftFooter = "Company Name"
.PrintGridlines = False
.Orientation = xlPortrait
.Draft = False
.FirstPageNumber = xlAutomatic
End With
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintPreview
End Sub

There are many more print features and functions you could add to this.

Best to record a macro while doing your complete print setup to see the code
generated.

Gord

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 13:00:01 -0700, Dar wrote:

I would like it to look just like the printed document would look with the
header and footer and be read-only and printable.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

To have your workbook open to a particular sheet in print preview mode you would
need to have some event code which runs when the workbook is opened.

Then you would have to ensure that customers enable macros when opening the
workbook.

Print Preview mode is none too presentable in my opinion.

What exactly do you want the active sheet to look like?

No menus or toolbars showing or???

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 12:02:01 -0700, Dar wrote:

I would like to modify an excel document that I send to my customers so that
when they open the file it comes up in a format ike the print preview and not
the working format. How to I do this?