Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] cjg.groups@gmail.com is offline

Default Copying data between duplicated rows

Hello, how can I copy data between rows duplicated in two lists, but
not the data which is actually duplicated? Phew, that's tough to
summarize.

I have two lists, and both have two columns: name and data. The names
are mostly duplicate in both lists. I would like to copy the data
field from the old list to the new list, matching it up with the
proper names.

I've tried Chip Pearson's COUNTIF tricks, AutoFilter and sorting, but
I can't seem to find a solution. Any suggestions? Thanks!!