Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ron@Buy Ron@Buy is offline

Default Copy a value

Another suggestion, you may find a template here that you can modify to siut
your scenario:
http://www.ozgrid.com/search/templates.htm

"Bardium" wrote:

Not sure if it can be done:

Property management spreadsheet with general ledger. I wish to separately
track expenses for each property automatically by extracting from the general
ledger. So, my thought is that each row would start with a property code, say
"1" for XYZ property, etc. Then the expense is manually entered in its column
in that row, e.g., "Utilities." I would like to have to the program recognize
the value "1" and then scan the row for the number entered under the
Utilities column and then enter that number in another column in the same row
entitled "XYZ."

I don't know where to look or where to start.