Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Timbo Timbo is offline

Default Formula for duplicating info from one cell to another

I figure out how to get rid of the P (changed the -1 to a +1). However, I
have different sets of HWC#s with different amounts of digits, and some HWC#s
don't have the P. Your formula only takes into account five digit HWC#. I
have literally over 10,000 of these and I would like to automate this process
a bit so I don't have to cut and paste every time.

Here are some examples of different HWC#s:

HWC65841 P Science / Health & Medical Sciences / Human Anatomy & Physiology
/ Human Systems / Excretory (Urinary) System / Diseases & Disorders / Bladder
& Kidney Cancer

HWC9318 Science / Health & Medical Sciences / Human Anatomy & Physiology /
Human Systems / Excretory (Urinary) System

HWC9591 P Science / Health & Medical Sciences / Human Anatomy & Physiology /
Human Systems / Circulatory System / Reference / Images

"Timbo" wrote:

Hey Mike H,

I'm not familiar with that particular use of a formula, so I have to plead
ignorance here. Your formula almost worked, but included the P after the
numerical code and before the word Science. I don't want the P.

"Mike H" wrote:

With the string in A1 and as shown in your example then this should work by
extracting everything after the second space

=MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1,FIND(" ",A1,1)+1)-1,LEN(A1))

Mike

"Timbo" wrote:

I'd like information that I input into a cell to be automatically output into
another cell. So, for example, In one cell I input the following information:

HWC65917 P Science / Health & Medical Sciences / Human Anatomy & Physiology
/ Human Systems / Immune/Lymphatic System / Diseases & Disorders / Other
Lymphatic Disorders

In the cell next to it I'd like it to automatically output

Science / Health & Medical Sciences / Human Anatomy & Physiology / Human
Systems / Immune/Lymphatic System / Diseases & Disorders / Other Lymphatic
Disorders

by excluding the HWC65917 P.

Is this possible?

Thanks.