Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin B Kevin B is offline

Default Total Minutes and converting to Hours and Minutes

This should do the trick:

=IF(A1<60,A1&" minutes",INT(A1/60)&" hours and "&MOD(A1,60)&" minutes")

The IF checks to see if cell A1 has a value that is less than 60, and if
true returns only the minutes. Otherwise it divides the value in A1 by 60,
returning only the integer portion of the division to get the hours, and
using the MOD function it divides the value in A1 by 60 and return the
remainder to get the minutes.

--
Kevin Backmann

"PSULionRP" wrote:

I have an excel spreadsheet and I am summing the minutes. So I have total
minutes of "65". How can I get this to display as "1:05"??? Or Better Yet, "1
hour and 15 minutes"???

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

PSULionRP