Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Artem Artem is offline

Default How to fill missing cells in the collumn of dates?

Sorry guys, couldn't leave some feedback before because I've just read all
advices! I tried to use all 3 methods that was supplied. VBA code doesn't
work for me, may be something was wrong. I have very little expirience in VBA
so I just left this method, but thanks anyway! From 2 methods with Excel
functions I like the best method that was provided by Max. It's quite simple
for me and works fine (I've just replaced all "," in formulas with ";").

Thanks everyone for help, you saved me lots of time!!!

"Max" wrote:

Just to clarify ...

If you have this data in A1:B3 (for one variable)
29-Dec-00 1
2-Jan-01 8
4-Jan-01 7

then you'd get this desired result in D1:E7
29-Dec-00 1
30-Dec-00
31-Dec-00
1-Jan-01
2-Jan-01 8
3-Jan-01
4-Jan-01 7

If the above doesn't work, then that probably means your dates in col A
aren't real dates. You can easily convert it to real dates all at one go via
selecting col A only, then click Data Text to Columns. Click NextNext to
go to Step 3, check "Date", then select, say*: DMY, click Finish
*select the correct date format

P/s: You should feedback to all who have responded to you
--
Max
Singapore