Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Regina J.[_2_] Regina J.[_2_] is offline

Default sheet tab name to reference cell data

Nothing happened. I went to sheet 2, did the view code and that's where I
put it. Then I went back to sheet one and changed the data in B3 to check it
and nothing happened.
Also, I want to note that not all my data will be in row 3. Sheet 7 - 11
data will be in row 25, sheet 12 - 16 data wil be in row 47.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Change to
Sheets(Target.Column-1).Name = Target

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Don Guillett" wrote in message
Right click the sheet tabview codeinsert this. Now when you change a
cell in row 3 the appropriate sheet will be re-named accordingly.

On Error Resume Next
If Target.Row < 3 Then Exit Sub
'MsgBox Target.Column
Sheets(Target.Column).Name = Target

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Regina J." wrote in message
I have a Workbook with several (16) sheets in it. I want the name of
sheet 2
to reflect the info I have typed into cell B3 in sheet 1; sheet 3 to
reflect
cell C3 in sheet 1, sheet 4 to reflect D3, etc. If I change the data in
B3,
I want Sheet 2 to rename itself.

(Also, I use Excel 2000 - if that makes a difference)

I saw a question earlier that I thought answered this but can't figure
out
how to do it. I don't know anything about macros or VBA so maybe I'm
just
doing it wrong and not changing the right data in the formula. Please
explain in detail what formula I need, where to put it, and what data in
the
formula I need to change to suit my individual project.

Thank you very much for any assistance I can get.