Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
artemis artemis is offline

Default Excel 2007 - copying charts to Word problem

Just to let people know that I logged a support call with Microsoft
about this. A very nice tech support person worked with me for close
to an hour trying out different options so he could see the issue. At
one point he got an error mnessage (which I didn't get) that the
picture was too large and would be truncated. It worked better when he
changed the orientaion to landscape. We agreed that was not an
adequate solution though it may be useful in some situations.

Although there is no solution yet, he has told me that he is still
testing and researching, plus is in contact with the Microsoft
Escalation group to further escalate this case if needed.

I also referred him to the comments in ths group.

I will let you all know what happens, if anything. Meantime, it might
not hurt if someone else also logged a support call.

PS Am thinking about logging a call about the dismal changes to the F4
key in 2007. For charting especially that was surely one of the most
useful functions in Excel 2003. I still get cross and frustrated about
the diminution of F4 functionality.