Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default SumByColor Stopped Working

Post a formula you are using.

Same as this one which sums cells with background of Red

=sumbycolor(A1:A18,3,FALSE)

Where is the Function located?

In same workbook or maybe Personal.xls?

Maybe you need =Personal.xls!sumbycolor(A1:A18,3,FALSE)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 9 Apr 2008 09:26:00 -0700, Pattylb
wrote:

I have been using this formula/function for over one year. All of a sudden,
it's starting to give me #NAME errors. I deleted the VBA, re-pasted it,
tried F9 and the combinations of F9, tried F2 and enter, etc. My old files
with this function open okay, but if I make any changes, I suddenly get the
#NAME error. I have Excel 2003 and have had it for a while.

Thanks for any help.
Pat