Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Queries in Macros

You can use an InputBox to pause and wait for user entry

Dim ws1 As String
Dim rng As Range
Dim FieldNum As Integer
ws1 = InputBox("enter a sheet name")
MsgBox "Sheetname is " & ws1
Set rng = Application.InputBox(prompt:= _
"Select a cell", Type:=8)
MsgBox "Range selected is " & rng.Address
FieldNum = InputBox("enter a number")
MsgBox FieldNum

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 08:27:30 -0500, "Lilbit" wrote:

I have a macro which works perfectly. However, three lines of the macro
have to be changed to reflect the specifics of each file I'm working on.
Is there a way to run the macro and have it pause at each of the three
lines allowing me to input information. The three lines a
Set ws1 = Sheets("Sheet1") '<<< Change
Set rng = ws1.Range("A1:D45")
FieldNum = 1

Thanks!!