Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ryguy7272 ryguy7272 is offline

Default how to specify a range that is variable.

This may be of interest to you:
http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html

Regards,
Ryan---

--
RyGuy

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

You can create a range just like Frankenstein, splice together pieces. Say
A1 thru A4 contain:

3
5

In A5 enter:

=SUM(INDIRECT(A1&A3&":"&A2&A4))
this is the same as entering:
=SUM(C3:F5)
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200777

"Mal" wrote:

I have a control variable sheet that has the "start" and "end" column
numbers. For a number of different data ranges that us the same start and
end columns, how do I specify the ranges in various formulas that would use
the start and end column variables but different rows? Do I have to use VBA
which I am not very good at? Thanks for any help.
--
Mal