John Mansfield

kbpratt,

In addition to Rob's XY Chart Labeler addin, you can also use the following
macro:

Sub AddLabels()
Dim RngLabels As Range
Dim Ser As Series
Dim i As Long
If TypeName(Selection) = "Series" Then
Set Ser = Selection
Set RngLabels = Application.InputBox(prompt:="Select the label
range:", Type:=8)
Ser.HasDataLabels = True
For i = 1 To Ser.Points.Count
Ser.Points(i).DataLabel.Text = RngLabels(i)
Next i
Else
MsgBox "Select a series in a chart."

In the dialog box, add the reference to the data source like "Sheet1!A1:A5".

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"kbpratt" wrote:

Hello-

Is there any way to label individual points in an XY scatter with data from
ajdacent cells? For exampl, I have 3 columns with a name, an x value and a y
value. I want to plot points with the XY data and label each point with the
names from the first column. Seems simple but I can't figure it out