Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Hollie C[_2_] Hollie C[_2_] is offline

Default Excel 2003 unwanted automatic Text to Columns

For work I regularly open .txt files in Excel 2003 with the "Open with"
command. The files opens in Excel one line per cell and then I can seperate
out everything I need. Today I did that and it's decided to automatically do
text to columns! This would be ok if it didn't decide to cut numbers in half.
I don't know what/who turned this feature on but I need to turn it off and
can't find how.

I can't concatenate everything back together correctly because it has taken
liberties with leading spaces and what it thinks is leading 0s.

Thank you!