Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Arturo Arturo is offline

Default Pulling a # from a sheet bound text string

My apologies,
Decaf wasnt helping this morning€¦
I pointed it to the wrong cell ref other than A1
Thank you for your help.
Best,
Arturo

"BoniM" wrote:

=MID(A1,11,FIND(" ",A1,11)-11)
finds the location of the first space after the 11th character and subtracts
11 from that to return the correct number of characters.

"Arturo" wrote:

I have several rows with the following beginning text as follows:

There are 1 projects ABC€¦
There are 14 projects ABC€¦
There are 140 projects ABC€¦
There are 1400 projects ABC€¦

Been experimenting with MID, LEFT, RIGHT to no avail where I cannot figure
out how to pull the number starting at the 11th place out. That number
could be from 1 to 1000. I tripping over the varying number of spaces any
number in a cell might be as depicted above. The text flowing €˜project,
'ABC...' varies also€¦ Any direction as how to combine functions would be
appreciated.

Sincerely,
Arturo