Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Arvi Laanemets Arvi Laanemets is offline

Default Excel2000:How to link Print Area with a named range

Thanks Pierre, your solution was exactly what I was searching for!

Arvi Laanemets

"Pierre" wrote in message
On Apr 8, 7:31 am, "Arvi Laanemets" wrote:
Hi

I'm designing an Excel application for printing shipping labels. The user
enters shipment data into a table (a row for every package), selects the
shipment, and on report page predesigned A5 format labels are filled with
data (texts, numbers, and barcodes)

As the number of packages in shipment varies, I have to find a way to
avoid
empty labels to be printed. I have designed a dynamic named range, which
returns exactly the wanted range.

When on Sheet tab of Page Setup page I enter into Print area field the
formula '=MyRange', the Excel recognisez it and only filled labels are
printed. But when I open the Page Setup again, the named renge is replaced
with absolute range reference. And when I now select another shipment, the
wrong number of labels is printed.

Can someone help me with this? Thanks in advance

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<attarkon.ee )

This worked for me, same scenario.
Pierre
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...c d3178abd614