Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default Median Array

median for all data that does not equal a number of dates.

Create a defined range: BankHol
to refer to the specific list of dates to be excluded (a contiguous range)
eg: BankHol =Dates!$X$1:$X$10

Then use this expression, array-entered:
=MEDIAN(IF((ISERROR(MATCH(Data!$A$1:$A$200,BankHol ,0))*(Data!$A$1:$A$200<"")),Data!$B$1:$B$200))
--
Max
Singapore
" wrote:
I've got an array function working that filters data by a certain
specified date (Dates!A1) and then returns the median for that fitered
subset of data.
See below:
={MEDIAN(IF(Data!$A$1:$A$200=Dates!A1,Data!$B$1:$B $200,""))}

I would like to extend it so that, rather than calucalting the median
for all data that equals a particular date, it would calculate the
median for all data that does not equal a number of dates. For
instance calculate the median for all data in column B where all the
dates in column A do not equal bank holidays as defined in Dates!
column A.

Cany anyone suggest how to do this?
Cheers
Matt