Lady Layla

XL98 is Mac XL -- Windows XL has 95 97 2000 XP and 2003

"gls858" wrote in message
: JE McGimpsey wrote:
: In article ,
: gls858 wrote:
:
:
: If you have 98 Excel and you are trying to open a 2003 file there isn't a
: way to convert it. You need to save the file from 2003 as a 98 format.
:
:
: IF you're talking about MacXL 98, that's incorrect. The reason there's
: no way to convert it is that the file formats are exactly the same. No
: conversion is required, or even possible.
:
: I can open any XL03 file with MacXL98/01/v.X/04 or WinXL97/00/02/03
: without any conversion.
:
: OP nor I either one mentioned MacXL. If the format are the same that's
: my mistake. At one point I know the newer version of Excel would open
: an older version but the older version wouldn't open the newer version.
: Probably goes back to Excel 95 and Excel 97. Thanks for setting it straight.
:
: gls858