Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Castell Castell is offline

Default Irritaing Cell Behaviour

Maybe those cells have been merged. Highlight the cell, right-click, select
Format Cells, Alignment, untick Merge Cells box.

"Midnight Gardener" <Midnight wrote in
message ...
I am using Excel 07 with Vista Business. I use the excel checkbook template
for my check register. Every time I click on the date cell, several of the
cells directly beneath the cell I selected get highlighted. If I try to
tab
into the adjacent cell after this it tabs down instead of across. If I
just
click into the adjacent cell then however many cells that were chosen In
the
first cell are highlighted.How can I fix it so the cell I choose is the
cell
I choose and not a bunch of cells that excel chooses?