Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] jhcoxx@hotmail.com is offline

Default Need a Static Timestamp Formula

I'm trying to develop a worksheet using Mobile Excel - and among that
version of Excel's 'virtues' is that it doesn't do / support / allow
macros.

Therefore, I'm reduced to trying to come up with a cell formula that
evaluates to a timestamp (date and time) when another cell gets a
value put into it - ant that timestamp doesn't change.

This is a piece of cake if you can use macros, but I have yet to come
up with a way to do this that doesn't recalculate / update all the
timestamp formulas when a recalculation takes place (I'm testing that
by using F9).

Has anyone ever cracked this nut? If the explanation isn't clear,
please ask questions and I'll elaborate...

Thanks!

James