Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre Ron Coderre is offline

Default Any formula to return the most frequent bin range?

Hi, Lori....Always good to hear from you.

There are several ways to go with the OP's request.
We still don't know what the exact requirements are and
we haven't received any feedback on any of the proposed approaches.

I went with options for the user to define the starting point of the bins
and the increment value.
(eg Start at: 375....increment by 50's).

I suppose we'll have to wait and see what's really needed.

--------------------------

Best Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"Lori" wrote in message
i may be missing something but how about for the lower bound:

=MODE(FLOOR(A1:G1,50))

and adding 50 for the upper bound. Obviously replace 50 by a cell
reference
to make it a variable bin size.

However it's not clear from the question whether 450 should be in 450-500
or
400-450, if the latter use CEILING instead of FLOOR to obtain the upper
bound
and subtract 50 for the lower bound.