Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joel joel is offline

Default "Basic File Search"

Try this code. Change the folder name as required. The code below will find
and open all .XLS files in the folder selected.

Sub test2()

Const folder = "c:\temp"
First = True
Do
If First = True Then
FName = Dir(folder & "\*.xls")
First = False
Else
FName = Dir()
End If
If FName < "" Then
Workbooks.Open Filename:=folder & "\" & FName
End If
Loop While FName < ""

End Sub

"Fawn" wrote:

The books states to use the File Search command and when it displays the
"Basic File Search" task pane to type in AWI (which is short for awsome
images) which are the previous files I need to retreive on my thumb drive.
It then states that the box will be on the right of the screen and that I
should just select the drive I need and under that in a sub catorgory will be
the files I need. I am then to "arrange" them in a vertical fashion. So in
the end I will have the blank work and the 4 workbooks.

I hope this helps you. Thank you so much for your help

"Joel" wrote:

Are you looking in one directory or multiple directories? The DIR() function
may work. I need more details on your search to give you the right answer. I
have lots of code that does File Searches without the File Search function.
Are you just looking for names of files or are you looking at the dates as
well? I should be able to quickly give you the right code when I get the
details.

"Fawn" wrote:

I am in an excel class for school. We are learning out of an excel '03 book,
yet I have an '07 program. As part of my studies I am use the "File Search"
command. I used the interactive excel program and it stated that the '07
does not have this command. Yeah, I need help. I cannot finish this program
w/out this command. I need to use this to find 3 previous files created and
put them all into one new workbook