Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mr. Low Mr. Low is offline

Default Excel 2002: Any quick way for transposing formulas?

Dear Sir,

Thanks for the code.

Low

--
A36B58K641

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

First enter Dibben's macro:

Sub Absolute()
Dim cell As Range
For Each cell In Selection
If cell.HasFormula Then
cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula _
(cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1, xlAbsolute)
End If
Next
End Sub

Then select the cells and run the macro.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200777

"Mr. Low" wrote:

Dear Sir

I understand that I need to change the cell address in a formula from
relative to absolute before I could transpose it.

E.g.

A B C
1 Code Date Amount
2 M236 xxx 250
3 K254 xxx 360
4 T841 xxx 550
5 K103 xxx 750
6 T145 xxx 320

From To
=C2 =$C$2
=C3 =$C$3
=C4 =$C$4
=C5 =$C$5
=C6 =$C$6

Transposing
=$C$2 =$C$3 =$C$4 =$C$5 =$C$6

My problem is if I copy a relative cell, I do not need to change the row or
column numbers, but I need to enter the $ sign for each cell.

If I choose to copy an absolute formula cell, I would need to enter the row
or column numbers.

May I know if there is a quick way for changing a formula from absolute to
relative without having to enter $ sign or changing the row or column
numbers manually ?

Thanks

Low

--