Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
rayteach rayteach is offline

Default PMT function?

Thank you for your response but I don't see how the NPER function goes beyond
the PMT. I could not see how to make addition payments using the NPER
function. Ray
--
ray

"Jim Cone" wrote:

Look at the NPER function.
It returns the number of periods for an investment based on periodic,
constant payments and a constant interest rate.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"rayteach"
wrote in message
Excel XP. I want to modify the PMT function or find another function that
will allow me to see the results of a constant payment with a fixed interest
rate (what the PMT function does) but what the effect would be of adding an
additional $100.00 per month to the normal payment.
For example, over the period of a 5 year loan, how many fewer payments than
the 60 would the additional $100.00 per month achieve?
--
ray