Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Case Statements in Excel 2003

Maybe you could put your list of criteria in a column in a different worksheet
and whatever you want associated with each value in the adjacent cell. I'd use
A1:B12 (about).

Then I could use =vlookup() to retrieve that associated value.

Debra Dalgleish has lots of notes on =vlookup():
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html (for =vlookup())

Alex wrote:

Stupid question, but is it possible to do a Case statement in Excel
2003? I can do an IF with no problem, but I need to test a field to
see if it meets about a dozen criteria, and it freaks out if I nest
more than 5 IF statements.

I've looked this up and found a few folks doing this in VB Script, but
given I've never done VBS in Excel, I don't even know where to begin
on that front if that's the only way.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions --

Alex

--

Dave Peterson