Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CB CB is offline

Default Help With Conditional formatting

Bob,
This works great! Thanks so much.
CB

"Bob Umlas, Excel MVP" wrote:

Sure. change formulas to:
=AND(RIGHT($A1,5)="Total",G1150)
=AND(RIGHT($A1,5)="Total",G1<100)

"CB" wrote:

Bob,
Thanks for your response. I tried this and discovered that I left out some
information. I need to use this if Column A contained the text "Austin
Total", "Dallas Total"....etc. Is there a way to tell it for $A1 for rows
Containing "Total"?
Thanks,
CB

"Bob Umlas, Excel MVP" wrote:

Select G:K
Conditional Formatting/Manage Rules/New Rule
Select "Use a formula to determine which cells to format"
enter =AND($A1="TOTAL",G1150)
click Format, give it yellow fill.
Click OK, then click New Rule
enter =AND($A1="TOTAL",G1<100)
click Format, give it green fill.
You're done.
Note - the "$" is important. Also assumes that G1 is the ACTIVE cell while
applying these rules.
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

"CB" wrote:

I am using 2007.
My spreadsheet contains sales figures for the sales staff and is auto summed
for each sales person.
I need to conditional format G:K based on the word Total in Col A and The
cell values in Cols G:K.
So that for each row in col A that contains the word "Total", Excel will
format G:K based on their value.
If A contains "Total" set conditional fomat of G:K as follows:
If G:K < 100 Fill Color Green
If G:K 150 fill color Yellow
Can someone please help?