Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
exeldumb exeldumb is offline

Default % of difference between two numbers

I have read all the posts on how to get a percentage of difference betwee two
numbers. I've used the help on the spreadsheet and all I get is 00.0. Across
line 5, starting with column B have the daily closing of the stock market.
On row 7 below the second day I clicked on the cell and typed in the formula
=(C5-B5)/ABS(B5) just like it shows on the help display. It always comes up
zero. I tried the ones in the answers to the questions. Same-o, same-o. I
just want to see the daily positive and negative up and downs.