Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob I Bob I is offline

Default sum cells automatically

Just a guess, but toggle Off and then Back On?

Tony Logan wrote:

That didn't work. The option was already set, so I didn't have to make any
changes.

The "Automatic" radio button is selected in all the workbooks I'm using. One
additional bit of info is that I've added a new worksheet to each file I'm
working with, and the new worksheets don't always automatically sum the
columns, even though the previous worksheet in the same workbook DID auto sum
the columns.

"Bob I" wrote:

Clcik Tools, Option, Calculation, Automatic.

Tony Logan wrote:

I've set up some spreadsheets to track server activity. I noticed that on
some of the spreadsheets, each day when I fill in the totals for, say,
columns A through D, then column E automatically populates with the sum. But
on other worksheets this doesn't happen. I'd like to enable this for all my
worksheets, but I don't know how to do it, and have no idea how to explain
the current behavior of "works on some worksheets but not on others".