Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mifty Mifty is offline

Default Formula help Mod and square

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for answering :-)

I've posted more to Bernard re what the spreadsheet is trying to do, if you
don't mind taking a look.

Many thanks
--
Mifty

"Kevin B" wrote:

=MOD(Argument1, Argument2)

The MOD function takes the argument 1 value, divides it by the argument 2
value and returns the remainder. So in the formula above it calculates the
first MOD function, dividing the value in F13 by 10^6, returning the
remainder. It then calculates the second MOD function, dividing the value in
F13 by 10^4, returning the remainder.

The formula then subtracts remainder 2 from remainder 1 and divides the
result by 10,000

Hope this helps
--
Kevin Backmann

"Mifty" wrote:

Hi everyone,

Is there any chance that some kind soul could tell me what these 2 formulae
are doing please?

F13 is a date

=(MOD(F13,10^6)-MOD(F13,10^4))/10000

=(MOD(F13,10^6)-MOD(F13,10^4))/10000+MOD(F13,10^4)*100

Thank you very much

--
Mifty