Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lori Lori is offline

Default Counting unique values in a table

here's a simple method using a PivotTable:
http://www.freefilehosting.net/download/3eh39

to change the source data right-click, select the pivot table wizard and
then click Back...

"BRob" wrote:

I've got a 20 column 30 row table and in it are whole numbers. (Although not important their values are from about 100 to 850.)

What I want to do is create another worksheet with 2 columns :

a.. Col 1 - A sorted list (descending) of unique values in the table
b.. Col 2 - A count of the number of occurences of that value in the table.

Can SKS give me some idea of how I might go about it.

TIA

Rob