Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Can I insert formulas into my macros?

Sarah,

You can record formula entry with the macro recorder:-
ActiveCell.Formula = "=SUM(A3:A9)"
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=SUM(RC[-1]:R[6]C[-1])"

These 2 formula are the same, they are in B3 and add up A3 to A9. The first
is entered manually and the second is the recorded version of the same thing.

What precisely are you trying to do?

Mike

"Sarah" wrote:

I tried recording some formulas into a macro, but this doesn't work. Is it
possible to do so, without using Visual Basic programming? Can it be done
using Visual Basic programming - I am not an expert :-)