Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
gemini gemini is offline

Default Which version of Office should I buy..?

Jack, I too use several spreadsheets, for similar purposes. Mine aren't as
large as yours, although I do have a bunch of workbooks that are linked.

I used the trial version of Office 2007, since it came pre-installed with my
new laptop. However, I found that saving one particular spreadsheet, usually
caused Excel to crash. Curiously enough, another spreadsheet with far more
links didn't exhibit the same behavior. In addition, Excel crashed randomly
with no provocation.

Based on the above, coupled with the fact that I didn't like the Ribbon
interface one little bit, led me to decide that paying good money for the
Office 2007 suite was not a good ROI proposition.

I went back to Excel 2003. Interestingly enough, none of the problems
associated with Excel 2007 occur any more. Opening linked workbooks is also
faster with Excel 2003.

You may want to try out using Excel 2003 and see if the problems persist.

HTH.

-- Gemini

"jack8844" wrote:

I currently have Student & Teacher edition of Office 2007...but get a lot of
errors..should I upgrade to the Pro version or any other version since I use
very large excel spreadhseets with link to other excel spreadsheet...?
--
Jack8844