Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Rech[_2_] Jim Rech[_2_] is offline

Default print defaults

Help me here. Forget about templates. If you start Excel in safe mode and
open an existing multi-sheet workbook and open the Print dialog does it have
"Active sheet(s)" selected? And if you do the same with Excel not in safe
mode does it have "Entire workbook" selected?

--
Jim
"Don" wrote in message
|I opened excel in excel safe mode. The normal defaults were present-3
sheets
| and print active sheet. I saved the open book as Book.xlt and Sheet.xlt.
| When I closed and reopened Excel in normal mode the Print all sheets was
| there as the default.
| --
| Don Fritz
|

| "Jim Rech" wrote:
|
| I'm sorry I meant "Excel safe mode".
|
| From Start-Run enter "Excel.exe /s" (no quotes, there is a space before
the
| slash)
|
| --
| Jim
| "Don" wrote in message
| | It has been awhile since I had to go to safe mode. My PC is networked
and
| | the only Safe mode that works is with network options. In safe mode
| | selecting file-print gives you the message "no printer selected".
Going to
| | add printer, you get the message "print spooler not available in safe
| mode".
| | --
| | Don Fritz
| |
| |
| | "Jim Rech" wrote:
| |
| | Strange. I have all my printers available in safe mode.
| |
| | --
| | Jim
| | "Don" wrote in message
| | | In Safe mode, there are no printers available to test. I've
started
| new
| | | workbooks, and old spreedsheets, and all default to print all.
| | | --
| | | Don Fritz
| | |
| | |
| | | "Jim Rech" wrote:
| | |
| | | I don't think I've ever seen Excel default to anything other
than
| | Selected
| | | Sheet(s). Very strange. Does it happen in safe mode?
| | |
| | | --
| | | Jim
| | workbook".